Webinar on supporting implementation of the post-2020 global biodiversity framework: Indicators
The Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity, the Group on Earth Observations Biodiversity Observation Network (GEO BON), the United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD) and the United Nations Environment Programme World Conservation Monitoring Centre (UNEP-WCMC) in collaboration with the UN Regional Commissions, are organizing a series of webinars to increase the understanding of the monitoring framework of the post-2020 global biodiversity framework (GBF) and to foster collaboration between stakeholders.
In October 2021, UNEP-WCMC, in collaboration with additional partners, specifically the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and NatureServe, will be hosting a webinar (offered in four time slots) aimed at providing information on different tools that can be used to support the operationalization of the post-2020 global biodiversity framework monitoring framework.
The webinar will include:
- An overview of tools and platforms, and concepts in development, including:
- UN Biodiversity Lab: a platform for using state-of-the-art spatial data to generate insight and impact for conservation and sustainable development.
- A target tracker: under development to promote transparency and improve communication of progress towards the global goals and targets of the post-2020 global biodiversity framework.
- IUCN’s Contributions for Nature platform: a platform to allow constituents of the Union, and other non-state actors, to provide documentation of their intended contributions towards the IUCN Programme; and towards the post-2020 framework, Paris Agreement, and SDGs.
- Other relevant platforms, existing and under development, including those provided by GEO BON and UNSD and NatureServe.
- Discussion on the available tools and platforms, and how they may relate and complement one another.
- An opportunity for discussion and questions from participants. There will also be an opportunity to send questions after the sessions, for any further comments.
26/10/21 – 12:00 BST /07:00 EDT /18:00 WIB (in English) Registration link
27/10/21 – 16:00 BST /11:00 EDT /22:00 WIB (in Spanish) Registration link
28/10/21 – 14:00 BST /09:00 EDT /20:00 WIB (in French) Registration link
29/10/21 – 03:00 BST / 09:00 WIB / 28/10/21 22:00 EDT (in English) Registration link
A more detailed agenda will be distributed to registered individuals.